© 2012 by Heather Palmer
Well here it is Sunday again, which means a new blog post. I’ve been thinking on what I wanted to post all week. I decided to share with you a piece of me. All these books and movies have influenced me or my writing in some way. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been fascinated by horror movies. Though I have to say some were lacking when it comes to special effects or strong plots. I always get a laugh out of the large breasted women who walk into a darkened room, chest thrust out and feigned fear in their eyes and what do they do?
Walk in and call out “Hello? Is anyone there?”
I mean really.
Ah, but isn’t this part of why we love bad acting/script writing with the lame music. So we can sit on our comfortable couches and chairs, laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. I know I do.
Which brings me to my…
Top 10 vampire movies:
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula – My all time fav. Oh yes and let’s not forget Keanu Reeves.
- Queen of the Dammed – Stuart Townsend rocked this one.
- Underworld (all of them) – I shamelessly admit I have a thing for Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman.
- Interview with the Vampire – Brad Pit and Tom Cruise what isn’t to love here?
- The Lost Boys – I fell for Corey Haim and a new obsession was born.
- From Dusk Till Dawn – Selma Hayek and the snake…enough said.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – Like totally…
- Van Helsing – Kate again and this time with Hugh Jackman.
- Dracula (the 1931 classic) – This had to be on the list.
- Nosferatu (1922) – And the beginning of it all one of the earliest vampire films ever made.
I’ll have to do another post on who plays the best Dracula so stay tuned and check back in so you don’t miss it!
As far as writing goes, there are some really great paranormal writers out there. One day I hope to have my name show up on someone’s list. I’ve always been a voracious reader, but I think I really fell for the genre in junior high. These authors will always hold a special place in my heart.
Top 10 vampire books:
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula – The beginning. For which I have traveled to Ireland and seen an original copy of this book. One of favorite memories.
- Interview with the Vampire – Anne Rice. My first ride into the adult vampire scene.
- The Vampire Diaries – L.J. Smith – my teenage obsession.
- Forever and the Night – Linda Leal Miller. This series made me want to write vampire romance more than anything in the world.
- Halfway to the Grave – Jeaniene Frost – I am so in love with Cat and Bones.
- The Last Vampire – Chrisopher Pike – Again with the teenage infatuation.
- Christine Feehan – any of her books qualify for this list.
- J.R. Ward – same goes here for all her books.
- Shayla Black – another all time fav of mine
- And last, but by far the least, Sherrilyn Kenyon.
So that’s it, the books and movies that fuel my passions. How about you? Who would be on your list? Please leave me a comment I love to hear from all of you!
Until next time….